Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs
Logging worker deaths are most often caused by contact with logging machines or logs
2. Farming, fishing and forestry
Transportation incidents were the leading cause of death for farming supervisors.
The most common cause of fatal work injury for roofers is falling off roofs or ladders.
4. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers
The majority of aircraft pilot fatalities occur in crashes of privately owned planes and helicopters rather than on regularly scheduled commercial jet aircraft.
5. Structural iron and steel workers
Falls are the most common fatal occupational accident for structural iron and steel workers.
6. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers
Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death on the job for driver/sales workers and truck drivers.
7. Refuse and recyclable material collectors
The most common cause of death for these workers is being struck by a garbage truck or other vehicle
8. Underground mining machine operators
9. Construction trades helpers
The most common cause of death for these workers are falls and trips on construction sites.
10. Electrical power-line installers and repairers
The most common cause of death for power linemen is death from electrocution.